|Follow George on:|
George Lockwood developed a passion for wildlife and the outdoors while camping, hunting and fishing in the western United States and Mexico as a boy. While earning his Agricultural Business Management Degree at California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, he spent the summer months packing mules in Yosemite National Park. Experience with livestock and the outdoors took him to Alaska where he obtained his guide license. George has guided clients to some of the most remote and beautiful corners of Alaska. Art had been a hobby until he was commissioned to paint specific animals and places for people he had guided. Thus he began to paint professionally during the winter months specializing in wildlife and landscape.
In 1989 he moved to Prescott, Arizona to broaden his range of subject matter and devote more attention to art. Here he studied and painted the great variety of wildlife and landscape for four years. George continued to guide in Alaska for 19 years.
George’s art is inspired by first-hand knowledge. His paintings are a record of experiences and they can be found in private and corporate collections throughout the United States and around the world.
George and his family currently live on California’s Central Coast.
* Alaska and California Ducks Unlimited Artist of the Year
* Duck Stamps: AK(3), VT(5), DE(2), CT, IN
* Ducks Unlimited International Artist
* CA, AK and MI Ducks Unlimited Sponsor Artist
* Oregon Game Bird Stamps: (2)
* Federal Duck Stamp National Tour
* 1994, 1997 Alaska Duck Stamps, both of which were selected as The Best Duck Stamp Design in the Nation for their respective years * Foundation For North American Wild Sheep Artist of the Year
* Award winning artist at the Pacific Rim Wildlife Art Show
* Birds In Art Exhibition
* Society Of Animal Artists National Tour; Leonard Meiselman Memorial Award; Award of Excellence